Friday, November 21, 2008

Birthday Cupcakes

Six years old girl's birthday cupcakes to take to school on her birthday!

At the beginning, the girl's mother and I planned for buttercream decorated cupcakes, but then they received a notice from school that the sweets they give out to the classmates are preferred not to have too much cream on them, and the drinks should be healthy things like water or fruit juice.

Therefore, I baked cupcakes in two flavors, and decorated them with little icing and sprinkles of colored sugar instead of buttercream.

Since I still wanted them to look cute and girlish, but not too much, I went to different stores and finally found pink cupcake liners with white dots!

For the vanilla cupcakes, I added some lemon zests from the lemons picked from my friend's lemon tree to add flavor.

Colored the icing into a very pale blue to make a contrast with the other color.




The chocolate cupcakes are brownie type. No cocoa powder added, only the real chocolates, so they are very moist and full in flavor.

Topped with white icing with colored sugar sprinkles.

The girl's mother said these cupcakes were popular, and some of the mothers who tasted them enjoyed the flavor, too!

Another happy moment for me.

As a birthday gift from AKO, I made an iced sugar cookie with the girl's name on. It turned out into a very cute looking one with my signature royal icing flowers! This is one of my favorated docorated cookies among the ones I've decorated.

Happy Birthday H!!!!

No comments: