Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Panna Cotta with Apple and Pomegranite

Aibo-kun (my husband) brought back a nice colored pomegranite from work which one of his co-workers gave him.

I remember when I was a child back in Japan, our neighbor had a pomegranite tree and when fall arrived, they gave some to us. Even though it is not an easy fruit to eat, or really tasty one for a child, I was still excited with the bright red color they have, and the seeds looked like red jewerly to me in those days!


There are different ways to deseed pomegranite, but I think the cleanest way is to break or cut one in quarters, soak them in a bowl filled with water for a little while. Then get the seeds out, and they should come out easily.

You can juice them and make some syrup or jelly, but this time, since I only have one, decided to simply enjoy it as is. Fresh!

I loved the flavor, the aroma, the tartness, and the look.

The next day, I made some vanilla panna cotta topped with caramelized apple. Then I noticed the dessert was missing something... Color!

I opened my fridge, and there they are, the left over pomegranite seeds from the previous day. Perfect natural decorative color.

So, here it is, the vanilla panna cotta with caramelized apple topping with a finishing touch of pomegranite seeds. Yummmm♪

No comments: