Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Tart & Tofu Brownie

Here is another fall item. Pumpkins!!!

I saw sugar pumpkins lining at the farmer's market. They were really cute.

It was before Halloween, and I thought I should make something with these pumpkins.

So in a pastry class, I taught Pumpkin Tart and Tofu Brawnie. Usually punpkins are made into pies, but for this particular filling, I prefered using tart shells rather than pie dough.


Using a few kinds of spice such as cinammon, clove, and freshly ground nutmeg, the tart turned out very aromatic. To add some extra flavor, home made orange marmalade I made earlier this year was added and it matched very well with the other ingredients.

With the left over tart dough, we made them into different fallish shapes using cookie cutters so we could decorade our tasting dishes.

With Tofu Brownie, instead of using cane sugar, I used natural liquid sweetner such as maple syrup and agave nector. There is no butter used in the recipe, so it is healthy and less guiltiness!

This tart is not only for Halloween, but can be served at a Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner as well. Very tasty, fallish sweet for the holiday season. Yummm...

No comments: